What is my skin type?
There are five common skin types: normal, oily, dry, combination and sensitive. Blotting a clean tissue on your face in the morning is an easy way to find out your skin type.
- A normal skin type has good circulation and there will not be any trace of sebum (or oil) on the tissue. Normal skin is soft, with a smooth, even skin tone.
- An oily skin type will leave blots of facial oil on the tissue, particularly from the cheeks, nose and forehead. This type of skin has overactive sebaceous glands, producing more oil than necessary. Oily skin can be caused by hereditary factors, diet, hormone levels, pregnancy, unsuitable cosmetics and stress, leading to acne flare ups and enlarged pores. It is vital to thoroughly clean the skin regularly with gentle, soap-free cleansers.
- A dry skin type has a low level of sebum and does not maintain oil easily. Dry skin is often flaky and feels tight after being wiped. Gentle cleansing and a rich protective moisturizer for dry skin is essential to control that tight, uncomfortable feeling. It may be necessary to adjust your dry skin moisturizer for the changing seasons.
- With a combination skin type oil is produced around the 'T-zone' of the nose and forehead but not on the cheeks, mouth and eye areas. The best skin care for combination skin will involve treating each region differently.
- Having a sensitive skin type can mean different things to different people. It can be caused by skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema or allergies. Sensitive skin can become inflamed easily. It is important to choose the right skin care for sensitive skin because many cleansers and moisturizers contain ingredients that can cause an adverse reaction.
Try applying the mask for 10 minutes instead of 20 and apply a heavier layer of Moistr afterwards.
Moderately Oily skin with occasional breakouts?
Cleanse your skin with our facial bar a couple of times before moving to the next steps.
Very Oily Skin with or without acne?
Cleanse your skin with our facial bar a couple of times before moving to the next steps and take it easy with the Moistr.